Tuesday, September 12, 2006

&& I am a BabY wHEn I aM sicK &&

I was sick yesterday. Fever, sore throat, cough, running nose, body ache, headache, all the bloody flu symptoms. Actually wasn’t feeling that good on Sunday nitez, but I just brush it off and continue to do my lab report. Woke up yesterday feeling shitty, so decided to stay at home and rest.

My company has tis bloody shitty rule that the MC should be from the company’s panel of doctors or poly clinic only. And since I need to go back office in order to collect the medical chip to go for company doctors consultations, I decided to go to the polyclinic. Actually both are not a good choice. The best is can go to the family clinic opposite my house as I am really not feeling well lor.

Damn it rite, so sick still muz go all the way to the polyclinic in Teck Whye, which is like 15min bus ride away from my house. Anyway, bo bian, I still go in the end and waited patiently for my turn to come to see the doc lor. As I was waiting there for my turn, I suddenly felt veri upset. Actually I aso dunno why, I hate the feeling of fallin sick and have to take care of myself.

As I sat alone in the waiting area, I started to look around, I suddenly wish that I have someone by my side to sit with me there to wait with me for my turn to come. I suddenly want to lie on a shoulder. Any shoulder, be it my mum, my dad, my brothers or Jie. I suddenly felt lonely and pathetic. I suddenly felt sad.

No idea why, the feeling just came without any warning. I just wanted to talk to someone at the moment, wanted to be pacified for having to wait such a long time for my turn to come in the queue. Wanted to be assured that I will be taken care of. But then, no such luck. Everyone is working at that time. My parents, Jie, my brothers. I wanted to sms them, tell them my frustrations and let them pacify me. But then, I didn’t for which my parents will not understand my sms for 1, my brothers will probably think that the fever had damage my brain for smsing them such things and Jie is busy working that he wouldn’t check the msgs till lunch time. Obviously, I cannot msg my fwens out of no where and tell them that I am sick and feeling depressed. In the end, I did nothing but to sit there and wait.

It was a long wait but a short consultation with the doc. I left the place feeling angry. Angry at the queue, angry at my company’s bloody policy and angry at myself for being such a baby. Went home after that, and lucky my mum was at home to cook lunch for me. I dun have the appetite to eat outside food. After lunch, I went back to rest and my mum went out for work.

I was left alone in the house. Normally, I wun mind having some time of my own in the house but then in situations like this where I am sick, I mind a lot. I admit that when I am sick, I get whiny, but then I just wanted to have someone for me to whine to. That’s why I spend the day sleeping away as there was no one home. It was till evening time that my younger brother came back from work (he is doing his attachment) and finally, I have got company. He went to buy dinner back as I dun feel well enough to go to sch

The whole day just passed like that with me feeling shitty the whole day. Lucky for me, I am able to go back to work today, if not, to stay at home 1 more day is a torture to me. I feel that sometimes, I am such a baby. Haha

0 comments: