Attended the Signal and Systems lecture today and as usual, I was trying very hard to stay awake. I did la, but then not without much effort, took sweets, pinch myself, talk to Uncle Yao Yao, writing down everything the lecturer said, regardless relevant or not. But I think I did doze off for awhile in between. But at least I tried to stay awake kk?
The lecture end a bit early and we went up to tutorial room to wait for tutorial to start. Den as usual, Uncle Yao Yao and me was chatting bout everything else except school work. Haha. Suddenly, we both realize that, all our other classmates, which is split into 2 large grps sitting in front of us are all discussing about school work. 1 grp is discussing the tutorial later and the other bout the lecture earlier on.
Den we 2 lehz? Talking rubbish lo. Haha. Eh, were we guilty? I dunno about uncle Yao Yao, but I was not. Seriously, back in poly days rite, I tok even more in lectures and tutorials lo. Back then, if the lecture is in the morning (mine is usually starts at 8 or 9 de) den we will go for breakfast during break lo. The thing is, we happily take our own sweet time till smtimes lecturer need to send someone down to call us back. Hehe. Cuz too big grp le, makes it beri obvious that a lot of us still not bak.
Tutorials, I think except for maths 3 where the tutor was extra strict with us, other than that we always slack slack de. Chat la, play la, all sorts of nonsense. Hehe. It was the happiest time in my whole study life. The whole grp of us will stick together in school and life was interesting and fun back then.
Thinking back, I really miss those days a lot. I learnt a lot from all my fwens, we saw one another thru a lot. Cheat together for the bloody weekly CISCO tests, studee together for the major tests and exams. Celebrate each other birthdays together, the projects that we spend so much time to do, the jokes, the games. All that are my fondest memories of my study life.
Even though everything has changed now, some friendships have faded, bond not as strong, but these memories will always be there. It is these memories which makes me enjoy studying in poly, got me interested in engineering. I think without them, studying engineering with a bunch of not so click people would push me away from it instead of towards it.
Although like what uncle Yao Yao had said, I dun really have a good knowledge of engineering and he dun understand why I would continue with this field of study. I also dunno why, but I am sure that I have interest in it, although I am not well verse in it. Perhaps, while studying some of the modules reminds me of the good times I have in poly. I guess the good old days will not be appearing again, but hey, at least I had them once. For this, I am thankful oredi.
Monday, September 04, 2006
%% tHe goOd Old DAYs %%
Posted by
Sharon Lee-Tan
at
11:44 PM
Labels: LEle's sTruGgLE wITh StUdIEs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment