Saturday, September 16, 2006

@@ i Am Sad AGAin @@

In two days’ time, I am gonna to have another colleague leaving again. Damn it, 1 week 2 colleagues left. Beri demoralizing ya noe? Work hasn’t been smooth recently. Not as in I kena tekan but as it there is no team spirit in the environment. What it meant to be a team effort in the end turns out to be a small group doing.

Our team seems to be a dividend of a few small groups and one such small group refuses to cooperate with the rest, thus making work more complicated than it should be. The thing is, I dun understand lor, we are from the same company, in the same position, shouldn’t we be cooperating and helping one and another out instead of sabotaging others? Why is it that in this kind of environment, office politics is still very much around? Why can’t you all keep things simple and get it done?

I’ve been very piss off, so piss off that I dunno what to write. I usually don’t like to concentrate too much on work as I have school commitments. I mean not as in dun do my work, just that keep things simple at work so that it would not add burden to my already over loaded burden. But then why people cannot do this also? I mean we are all studying, all in the same shoes, why cant they use their brains for once?

I really dunno how this things started. I knew they were not very happie with me. I dunno why, but come on, I am no blockhead. I can feel in their actions. I knew that they were talking behind my back. I knew that they tot the supervisors practice favourism towards me. But then, what they didn’t know is, I simply got better with them only, nothing else. Where work is concern, I dun think I have special privilege, I am not being exempted from any duties.

We may look like we are having a best time during work and that is because we choose to work in this way. No point going around feel upset and showing a black face rite? It doesn’t make the shits go away, it doesn’t make you feel better and it certainly doesn’t make others around you feel better. As far as I can see, the supervisors are trying their best already. Everyone wants to get this sort out before school reopens or anything big screwed up. But why are you all so against this?

The past 2 weeks have been shitty. I am feeling very upset. I knew the supervisors are too. There is pretty much nothing I can do. I can only make sure that my work is not screwed up so as not to give them any more problems. But then, who can understand my frustrations?

Who can understand that while I am assisting one of the supervisor in her lab planning, people are studying for their part time school and refuses to help mann my FYP lab? Smmore got the cheek to question what I am doing! Who can understand that when I take over the lab, I have to go check the inventory of the lab and come out with the list for my predecessor to check and is being thought of creating troubles? Who can understand that when it was announce that we have to take care of the inventories in our lab, and they just asks us to shift out the things that they deem that should not be under their care? Who can understand that when we are being allocated the extra labs, and mine and another colleague’s lab is being affected to shift, they dun even bother to offer help when they saw us shifting the equipments? Who can understand that when we are all tied up in work and the supervisors assign tasks to them and they refuse to cooperate and instead went to complain to the manager?

The lists goes on and on. I know, I am not the only one frustrated. But I really have no where to vent my fustrations. It is simply too over board to know that while you are working, your colleagues are enjoying their free time doing their things and not leaving a finger to help you or anyone else. It is not 1 of them but all 3!! It is simply unfair for everyone that they can get away with all these while we others have to slog our guts out for the lab preparation. It is more unfair that all these got away unnoticed!

I know why she chooses to leave. If I was in her position, I wouldn’t stay either. No respect from subordinates, no respect from our company and on top of everything else, the pay sucks, benefits sucks. But still, I couldn’t help but wish that she would stay with us to fight on this war and win it beautifully. I dun wan to lose anyone of them. Although I have been with them not long and dunno how they feel towards me, but after going thru the shits with them for the past few weeks, I felt attached to them le.

I knew that it is unfair for her to stay, but everything is happening to fast. I am angry, angry that no one from the upper management did anything significant to try to make her stay. It is as if that they dun appreciate the effort she put in. Not only her, but everyone of us. I hate it when I lost a good fighting comrade no matter is at work or in school. I hate to have this kind of feeling. Especially now that we are still trying to get things work out. I hate losing her not because she have found greener pastures but is because of those stupid reasons.

As much as I hate it, I think I will have to accept the fact that she is still leaving. I know that no 1 should be subjected to this kind of treatment especially if the person is working hard to turn things around. I dunno what to say, but no matter what, I still wish you all the best pal, in your job hunting. It has been a great 5 months. Thanks for looking out for me during these 5 months, thanks for sharing your knowledge with me. Thanks for treating me as part of your group. Thanks for being my friend. Looking forward to hear good news from you for me n gege to join your next company. Haha. All the best Vivian. I wish you well in your future endeavours. Hope you will bring with you the happie memories we shared in RP and leave the unhappy one behind. Do keep in touch with us ya?

0 comments: