Dunno starting from when, we began to celebrate Mother’s day annually. When we were younger, my mum dun bother to celebrate as she will end up have to pay out of her own pocket even when we say she can deduct from our bank accounts. Haha. I think maybe got go and eat something nicer la, I also did buy carnations for her once but when I found out how fast it withers within 2 days, I decided not to waste my money from then on. Haha.
My mum’s birthday is also in may so we always have this double celebration so that we need not pay twice for the celebration meal and she gets to ask for a bigger present. Haha One stone kill 2 birds. As year goes by, the gifts she got from us become more and more hip. Haha Below is the gifts she got from us for the past 3 years for mother’s day or rather the gifts that she asked from us for the past 3 years.
2004- 50 years old
I guess it is a big milestone for people who reached this age. It’s half a century lehz. Dun pray pray ar. Anyway, I still remember that one particular day after dinner at Lot 1 she drag me into Lee Hwa to see see look look or she claim so. Little did I know what is in store for us. Haha. She saw this white gold necklace with little jade pendants on it and fell in love with the necklace. And the sales girl also recommends one diamond pendant (my god!) to her. It’s in the shape of a flower and has 7 little diamonds making up the flower and told her that it has a pair of earring with identical design but the earrings have been sold out. She didn’t like the pendant but loved that pair of earring but too bad lor. Sold out.
In the end, she decided that she want that jade necklace but then we three have to pay for it as it is suppose to be her 50th birthday gift. Haha Ok la, spilt the cost le still not so bad. Lucky got 3 of us. If not I think chiam.
My mum being my mum, always have those impromptu times. I am also like that . Hehe. One weekend, she told me that she wanted to have a makeover portfolio taken and then wanted me to accompany her to IMM to check out the prices. So in the end Jie and me went with her to IMM. While walking around IMM, she saw Lee Hwa again and went in to check whether they have the pair of earring she wanted. Lucky for her, they have 1 last pair for sale and she brought it and again it’s being charged to our account.
We then came across one bridal/ photo shop that she said was quite famous and went in to enquire about the makeover portfolio prices. Quite expensive I must say, but she said that she wanted to do it for her 50th birthday and I guess none of us have the heart to stop her. At that time, I was giving tuition and had given her half of the $ every month so she said she have the extra to splurge. So we went ahead to book that makeover. She some more go tell the staff there bout her Mother’s day cum birthday present and show off to people some more. Haha I guess she must be quite happy that her kids are finally old enough to have the ability to give her present. After all, she did put in a lot of effort all these years to bring up the three of us.
2005- 51 years old
Due to the influence of us, she being to know what MP3 is about. At that time she only knew of Discmans and walkmans but didn’t know what a MP3 is. So we explained to her and on her birthday, voila! She wanted a MP3 this year as a present. We didn’t have to asked her. She just tell us what she wants before her birthday or Mother’s day approaches and we just have to pool in the money to go buy the present.
End up we brought her a creative 256Mb MP3 player and I helped her to load the songs into it. And mind you, it’s not those oldies kk? It’s all the mandarin pop songs lor. She have the habit of tuning in to 933 so she can some more tell me what songs she wants or dun want. And every now and then if she sees me with a new cd, she will ask me to change the songs in the MP3 for her. Hip right? My mum, a 50 something aunite using MP3 player. It took me 1 week to teach her how to operate that player. At 1st when she start using the player, she was so excited that she went to observe everyone around her age group on buses or mrts to see whether they are using MP3 players or not. And when she realize that she might be one of the few in her age group to be using a MP3 player she was so proud of herself. Haha
Her present last year
2006- 52 years old
Just the other day while I was studying in the living room, she came up to me and told me that she wanted a new hp. She then went on ranting on the faults of her current hp 7260. So I asked her go check whether she can upgrade her line or not and go get a new phone lor. Suddenly she said “Eh, Mother’s day coming lehz.” I nearly fell off my chair. Mother’s day is still like one and half month away at that time she was asking and there she is, planning on what to get for herself this year le. Talk about efficiency man. Haha
Anyway, this year she said she wants those slide hand phone with integrated FM. I thought of asking her to get Samsung D500 but that model doesn’t come with integrated FM. End up, she decided that she wants the Nokia 6111. So we went to M1 at Bukit Batok but found out that the phone was sold out. On top of it, it seems that the other outlets doesn’t have much stock left either. Can see that she is disappointed la cuz she look forward to having that phone lor.
And for the next few days, she keep bugging me to call M1 to check on which outlet still have available stock. We went to the Bugis branch when the customer service officer told us that there is still available stock there but upon reaching there, they told us it was sold out. Frustrated with the treatment we got from them, I wrote a complain email in. Hehe Singapore always talks about good quality service ma, so cannot treat us like that de.
The main point is after days of searching and my continuous bugging, the staff at M1 finally sold us a set of the phone which was suppose to be on reserve list. Dun ask me how they are going to answer to the other person as I didn’t force them to sell me the reserve set and I didn’t know of the set was reserve till the staff tell me. In any case, my mum was supper happy about her new phone and I had to spend the 1st week to give her an orientation on that phone. 
My mum's new phone
I think I am also quite proud of my mum to be so hip. Haha. Wonder what she will want to get for herself next year? Stay tuned. Hehe
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
%% AnnuAl MotHEr'S DaY cELEbrAtion %%
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment