Friday, July 15, 2005

@@ mIscoNcEptIon @@

I’ve taken a day off today, partly is to clear my leave as my contract is ending and partly because is I’m going to sign my letter of appointment with my new company later on in the afternoon. It’s been a long time since I sleep so soundly. Slept 12 hours in full from yesterday till this morning.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not because that I’m leaving my present company that makes me sleep so soundly, in fact, I’m still feeling sad about leaving them but then I have not much of a choice. The reason being, is I manage to snag a job at this point of time right after my contract ends makes me feel more relieve. At the very least, I need not worry bout having no income should I decide not to extend my contract with STE.

Although the present situation at home allows me not to contribute to my household income, but I still need to consider that I will need to pay for my school fees every half a year and it amounts to 3.5k per half year. I do not wish to burden my mum any further by asking for help to settle this sum of money and thus, during my whole course of study, at any point of time, I cannot afford to stop working and not have any income.

Of course, with the offer that my new company gives me, it allows me to contribute to my household a little on top of setting aside my school fees and my monthly expenses. Thus, I can still help out a bit and not to be so selfish to put the burden on my mum and brother totally just because I want to further my studies for my own sake.

I guess my colleagues were right when they told me that I can afford to sit at home for another 2 months to slowly find a suitable job should in any case I decide not to work in STE but did they know that when they say that I’m still so young and have no commitments, they were just referring to themselves back when they were of my age?

It’s true that I haven’t start a family on my own yet. But to think that my whole pay package is spent entirely for my own self is a wrong thinking. You think what, nowadays young people like me no need contribute to household one ar? Just because I’m single gives me the right to have more spending power and can sit at home and shake leg for 2 months when I feel like it?

Every one of you all who have this thinking is damn wrong man I tell you. It’s true that I admit given my attitude and behaviour, it seems to you all that I belongs to the kind of pamper “AH SAI” type. I dress up nicely when I feel like it, carry high end handphones, keep getting new bags, shoes, clothes, accessories etc. I just don’t strike to others a child coming from a single parent family where my mum is working to support my family since when I was secondary 3. I laugh too much, talked too much nonsense and seems too happy to be a child from this kind of family. Every one has been telling me this.

But then fuck to those who think this way la! You think what? Coming from this kind of family where I need surrender half of my pay every month must make me look sick and malnutrition instead of healthy looking and big size like I am now? Or should dress shabbily instead of trendy like I usually dress? Or should be eating cup noodles everyday in my company’s pantry instead of eating at coffee shops when others eat at my company’s cheap but yucky canteen food?

For goodness sake, for one I don’t think children from this kind of family must portray the above mentioned traits so as to let people identify them. In fact, we wish to be viewed as per normal as anyone. You think by having the above mentioned traits can make you have privileges then others mehz? The answer is no. Single parent family or not, I still the happy person that I’m always am. In fact, coming from this kind of family makes me treasures everything more. That’s why I always seems so happy to others. Ok la, sometimes I’m bitchy but that’s my character from young. Difficult to change liao.

It’s true that youngsters nowadays are leading a much more privilege life as compare to our counterparts in other countries or to others 10years ago. But it doesn’t make everyone of us more pamper and useless as everyone is saying. Yes, maybe you all did went through hardships that we didn’t gone through. Given a chance, I think no one will want to go through hardships.

I truly believe that there are people out there who is as the same age of me and is more matured than those who are maybe say 10 years older then us. It boils down to your own character and up bringing and the things that you are exposed to. It doesn’t matter what kind of family you came from or which generation you come from. For you don’t see people of my generation chopping up a human into parts for a relationship gone wrong. The culprit in question in a 50yrs old man who is suppose to know how to think and gone through hardship as given his age and should be matured enough to know what’s wrong what’s not.

The aim of this entry is, stop assuming what you think only. I’m not a spoilt brat as you all think. I may seems to be trouble free, but it’s only because I choose not to tell you. I have my own group of confidant also. I may seems to well-off, but it’s only because I know how to spend my money wisely. I may seems to be a ignorant little girl, but it’s because I choose not to show my serious side. All in all, I’m a person with split personality which only people close to me will get to see the 2 sides of me. Stop guessing, it’s very difficult to understand me as I don’t seems to understand myself sometimes.

0 comments: