%% sUddENly faMoUs %%
Much of the newspaper space had been taken up by 2 news reports and it’s practically what every 1 is interested about only. 1 is the brutally killed Chinese girl and the other the nude photo of the blogger Sarong Party Girl.
Go ahead, open up any newspaper, and you will get to see reports on these 2 topics as though as there are no other news. Of course, the 1st news should be widely report as me myself is quite concern bout the case of such brutal killer. But the 2nd news, in my opinion, shouldn’t receive as much attention as it had because, its after all a blog entry by some 1 who claims to be an exhibitionist and given the attention now be it good or bad, she had reached her goal.
The brutal killer
Seriously speaking, I was really horrified when I saw on the news that several parts of a human remains had been found washed up to shore along kallang beach. Well, for 1, I’m a scary cat by nature and the thoughts of having such a killer in Singapore is really scary and makes me wonder about the low crime rate that we or our government is so proud about.
Of course, there’s always a black sheep somewhere but this crime committed is really to serious to brush it off as “it happens in once a blue moon” kind of thing. In fact, even though it happens in once a blue moon, it doesn’t bring much comfort to the citizens here.
Whatever the murderer was thinking at the time when he did the butcher inspired cutting up of the body is still a mystery. Reports had said that he must have been very calm during the cutting up of the body to obtain such clean cuts along the parts.
I was reminded by a incident when I was young and was spending my holidays in my grandma’s house in Malaysia and once watched her killing a chicken which is suppose to be serve for dinner, I couldn’t even bring myself to open my eyes when she killed the chicken and was crying for the chicken and naturally, I didn’t touch the plate of chicken during dinner.
My point is, how can someone, who was describe as a Mr Nice guy and a doting father by his neighbour and family is capable of such which in my terms a barbaric and inhuman act? One should be clear that what he killed and cut up wasn’t a chicken or any other domestic animals meant for meals, it’s a human being, a living human being! A person who was as young as maybe his daughters or me or my friends around me.
Yes, maybe I was being overly emotional but which one of you wouldn’t? A girl who is around my age, working in a foreign country in hope of a better life for herself and family was killed by someone who is rumoured to be her lover and even cut up her body to dump in different parts of the country. No one deserves to die this way, not you, not me and certainly not her.
No matter how good or bad she once was, this killer simply have no right to treat her this way. And to start with, this supposed relationship shouldn’t have started as he’s already happily married with a loving wife and from what I can see, 3 promising children. Its father’s day today, and because of this tragedy, 2 families cannot celebrate this occasion happily.
On the point of which family is more devastated, I couldn’t comment for I was not in their shoes (not that I want to be). In any case, at least the case is solved and hope the girl can be in peace now. When loves turn ugly, there’s no guarantee what 1 will do and will not do right? It’s always in this kind of cases when tragedy happen. Sad case, isn’t it?
*******************************************************
Sarong Party Girl
Well well well, a much more lighter topic as compared to the previous 1. Haha, for those who have missed out the picture posted on her site, too bad, but I’ve seen it. Lalalala. Not because I’m an avid reader of her but because I read the ever famous Xiaxue’s blog. And I happen to see her entry on this girl and went to her site to check out the pic. Haha. Ok, I super bo liao can? But curious ma. But I have to admit. Xiaxue is right bout her tits. Nothing special. Hahah
What surprised me at 1st is her courage to post her own nude pictures. How many girls in Singapore will do that? Not much I think. Being the ever self conscious me, I didn’t even post my own picture here till recently. Anyway, only a handful of friends know my blog, I actually started out without telling them cause I didn’t know I would be determine enough to write frequency. That time was like a monkey see monkey do in thing like friendster. Its till recently that blogging is famous, or at least I think it’s recently.
If this particular girl I question is yearning for publicity, I think she’s got it and have got more then she expected. For 1, the newspaper have been running this piece of news these few days and today have started to interview the blog princess-Xiaxue on this topic cause she had wrote on this SPG just the other day as I had mentioned earlier.
If you asked me, I rather read Xiaxue’s blog, not because she is damn so famous, is because her blog is more light-hearted. Of course not every entry of her is to my liking but hey, its just for reading pleasure and who cares so much bout what she wrote? I went on to read the other entries of SPG and found that I couldn’t really understand what she wrote. Called me stupid, but then her command of English is really bloody power till I cannot understand (not that it’s her fault).
This episode of nude photos really make her more famous than ever and congratulations girl! Even me aka the mountain tortoise had read your blog! But sad to say, I don’t really appreciate it much. But my thoughts aside, I think there will be others who will appreciate her entries de (that is if she really cared whether anyone would).
Nah, I really have nothing more to say le. I was only feeling bored and decided to pen down these thoughts only. Ok, I want go watch tv le, will be meeting my dad for his father’s day celebration later. Maybe if I reached home early, I shall write on the celebration to be fair to him as I wrote a piece on mother’s day. Lalala but I’m always biased de. Haahah .
Sunday, June 19, 2005
Posted by
Sharon Lee-Tan
at
2:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment