^^ mEmoRieS^^
Went back to Malaysia yesterday with Xinyi. It’s been 5years since she last visit this sleepy town in Johor, Malaysia. We took the morning train back and reached there near noon. Its also been quite some months since I last went back. Missed everything there, my cousins, my aunties, the food and the kind of peace and quietness I can only find there.
I used to spend my school holidays there back when I was in primary and secondary school thus it’s here where holds most of my playtime memories. Kampungs had been torn down, more shops had invade the town, it’s becoming more and more modernized but yet, I can still clearly remember every single detail of this small town that always make me feel welcome and relax when I’m back for a visit.
Walking around the town with Xinyi yesterday makes me realised that the town is slowly moving towards modernization although they still have a lot of catching up to do as compared to our country but then I think they have developed a lot more as compared to last time. Never mind bout not having big and fantastic shopping centres like Takashimaya, not having night spots like Zouk, not having a bowling alley, a skating ring, cinemas, enough cafes for people to hang out. Hey! It’s the simple life that what makes me feel comfortable about. The pace there is much more slower as compare to the pace here.
We had a great time there shopping with Xinyi wanting to buy a lot of stuff but with not enough money. I guess it kinda amazes her how much the price is lower as compare to here in Singapore and couldn’t resist buying. Nevertheless, she did spend quite a sum there given that we only went shopping for about 2hours. As for me, surprisingly, I didn’t buy much things or rather I practically brought nothing except only the food which is meant for my auntie.
I suddenly remember that 6years ago today, I was in Malaysia mourning for the sudden death of my uncle whom till now I still miss a lot. Till now, I still dunno how he died as the hospital didn’t really gave much of an explanation. They only maintain that he’s suffering from blood cancer, which in the 1st place wasn’t what he was admitted for.
Explanation asides, the fact that he had left us is still a fact. I guess it’s something that I will always feel sad about and will not forget even as memory fails me when I’m old. The day that I went back 6years ago, crying all the way from Singapore till I reached his house, the view of him, lying in the cold coffin, the funeral, the crying of everyone, the passing away of my grandmother one month later. Everything still left a impression in my mind.
Sure, time sure heals the wound, but it doesn’t make it goes away. Sometimes, when we are doing something, we will sub consciously mention or recall bout my uncle or grandmother. 2 of them who left us so abruptly, leaving us with only the limited memories that we have about them. It’s through all this little things that make us recall about them that makes us feel better.
After all, even though they have left us physically, but they will always live in our hearts. I was lucky to be old enough that time to have remember these details of them for which some of my younger cousins, they do not have much recollections of this 2 very dear family member of mine. Even though they would not be able to know already, some how, I still want tell you that Da Jiu, ah ma, I missed you 2 a lot. Hope that you 2 are well in where ever you are.
Sunday, June 26, 2005
Posted by
Sharon Lee-Tan
at
11:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment