## ConFesSioNS OF a cOoKinG IdiOT ##
Ok, I admit, I do not how to cook, as in a full meal complete with dishes and soup or main course with side dishes, depending on which cuisine you are thinking. Anyway, my point is, I only know how to cook delicious maggie mee, which I think is not good enough to be people’s wife or mother in time to come. Haha Not that I’m planning to become 1 anytime soon.
The thing is, every year around this time, I will put my cooking skills into use. That is for Jie’s birthday. Yup, I really tried to cook a meal for him to celebrate his birthday and no, its not maggie mee ok. But then going to the fourth birthday that we celebrate together, sad to mention, my cooking skills did not improve, at least in my own opinion. But again, must at least give me some credits for trying right?
Brought the ingredients few days back while on my way home from Mount Elizabeth. You see the look I have on my face- like a little girl lost in a big forest. I totally have no idea what to buy, not that I’ve never done grocery shopping, its just that I do not know what to buy to cook for him. Too complicated, I have no confidence to cook, too simple, looks like insincere.
Arrgggg, why did I be so hero to want cook, after all we already went to celebrate at Sizzler le. But then again, I just wanna do some thing nice and sweet for him on his birthday, that is if he doesn’t get food poisoning from eating my food. Haha
In any case, I must cook tomorrow le, cause I already boast to him that I’m cooking for him le. Why do I need to be so boastful? Should tomorrow’s meal be a flop, I think I sure need find 1 hole to hide le. But come to think of it, Jie also know my cooking skills is not to standard de, so I guess he must have come prepared.
Ok la, lets not have all negative thinkings, I shall try my best to cook a decent meal tomorrow to celebrate his birthday. I wanna go sleep le. Need to have ample rest for tomorrow’s big day. Wish me luck will you?
Friday, May 20, 2005
Posted by
Sharon Lee-Tan
at
9:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment