Tuesday, May 15, 2007

%%I aM so PisSEd OfF%%

For years, my mum have been a homemaker till my dad left us when I was 14 then she venture out to work in order to make ends meet. When we were still living in our old house estate, she use to go downstairs for her daily shopping and also to chat with her other friends in the neighbourhood who were also homemakers.

It is no new things that when these aunties get together, the things that they talked about are usually surrounding their kids or family. Unavoidable, there will be comparisons but usually, my siblings and I are quite immune to these as we know that no matter what, they will be people likely to be cleverer than us, more capable than us, more obedient than us.

But the thing I don’t like about this kind of comparisons are, these people usually talk without using their brain. You may be surprise of the things they can use and compare. For years, I keep brushing them off, even if I take offence, I would never show it out or rather I would just tell myself that if I had did my best, there is nothing I can do if they still wanna compare.

Studies of course is the main comparison when we were younger. Who got higher marks than who, who is being stream into EM1 and so forth. What the hell, makes life difficult for us you know? Although my mum have never forced us to be as good as others or set certain expectations for us but sometimes, when she mentioned about so and so called and tell her about her children’s results, I can sense that she is envious of them. But on the other hand, she did not want to stress us out by exerting pressure on us so she will just mentioned it and let the matter pass.

The thing about this people is, if there is something good happening in their family, they will make a big hoo haa and start calling people to boast about it. Even for O levels results release, they will be the 1st 1 to call my mum to ask about our results. Concern you might argue but from my point of view, they are just plain KPO.

Moving past the stage of comparing results, they compare our career moves, salary, BF/GF, mother’s day present. So on and so forth. Irritating it might be, there is no way I can avoid it. Sometimes when I see my mum feeling affected by what her so called friends told her, I could resist myself but to badmouth about her friends. This, in turn makes my mum unhappy as she thinks that I have something against them.

But for whatever cause I would have something against them? It is them who started all this shit and for me? I just have my point of view and tell her my 2cents worth hoping to make her feel better. But instead it backfire. I guess from now on, I shall keep quiet. Sometimes I am quite frustrated at my mum, why is it that she always choose to listen to her friends instead of her own children?

At the end of the day, it is us who really cares about her and are her family members. We will not be jealous of her for having a complete family, for having a better life, brighter kids etc. These people who always want to compare themselves with her are those who cannot bear to see her better in any aspect than them for that after all, her husband once left home for 8years.

I always believe that god is fair. True it might be that my dad left us for 8years before returning home, but their relationship got better in the recent years. She is getting on years and will need a companion with her should the 3 of us got married and start our own families.

Some people that I know of might at 1 point or another waiting to see how the 3 of us might turn out when my dad walked out on us. Little that they know of that even though my dad walked out on us, my mum had not stop caring about us, she make extra effort to make sure that the 3 of us stays on the right path. For the effort that she puts in, I believe that it pays off.

Seriously, the last thing my mum needs is this kind of people who always with their small little effort, trying to make her feel low about herself. I don’t understand why can’t they leave her alone? It doesn’t matter if they had nothing good to say to her but don’t try to make her feel so bad. It is frustrating to hear them call and talked those nonsense. Although my mum should have known better than to listen to this crap but I think this is her character and it is quite difficult to change.

I think that I have done what I can already. Since she couldn’t accept what I say, I think I shan’t say too much to upset her any further. Instead I will keep quiet and pray that 1 fine day, all these bitches will shut up and they would genuinely just want to call her to chat instead of doing all the comparisons stuff. Till the day have arrived, I think I shall have to live with it. No choice, there are a lot of crappy people on this earth.

0 comments: