Tuesday, May 22, 2007

$$ CouNtiN DOwN 3 DaYS to BeIjING tOUr $$

As mentioned earlier, in 3 days time I will be leaving for Beijing with my mum for a tour. We are in the final stage of packing le, we are bringing 2 luggage, 1 big and 1 small, but it seems that it is not enough for us. I will be using the smaller 1 as my mum claims that she has more things to pack. She is quite kiasu lo, I think she wanna bring half of the things in my house there le. Haha.

Yesterday, we went for the briefing for this tour and meet our prospective tour leader and tour mates. The tour leader briefly told us what to expect for our tour and in Beijing and also advised us on packing our things. He also mentioned on the tips we are required to pay and also the optional tour they will be offering. Standard procedure I think the other time when I went Japan, the tour also offered an optional tour but we didn’t take up the offer as it was too expensive and I have totally no interest in the places she is bringing us to.

Digress a bit, the optional tour in Japan was to go to Osaka’s Peace park and an upscale shopping center in Tokyo. The charges are SGD100, can you imagine that I have to pay extra to go see a park? And also the upscale shopping center, it’s a total waste of my time. I already find things expensive in the normal shops in Japan, how am I going to buy things in their upscale shopping center? Given that they didn’t inform us before the tour and I didn’t bring much money to spend, naturally I would give the optional tour a miss.

Back to Beijing tour, the tour leader and inform us about the charges for the optional tour and also the information on the tour. It comprises of a Kung-fu show, a shopping trip for imitation goods and also a visit to a peach garden. The imitation goods lane was a famous 1 and probably 1 of the last few left in China as they move to joined the WTO. The 1 in Shanghai was forced to close down at the protests of the big names like LV, Gucci.

As they had informed us earlier, we have the choice of choosing whether to go or not and to bring the extra cash in the event that we decided to join. My mum and I decided to go for the optional tour and we informed her friend who is joining us in this trip.

More or less, we have finished preparing the things we need to bring le except for certain items which we need to pack on the day of the departure itself. As our flight is a midnight flight, we will have to sleep on the plane and embark on the tour once we touched down in Beijing, I personally is quite ok with the idea as I think we will not waste the 1st day on flight if we were to choose a morning flight. It takes 6hrs to fly from here to Beijing and if we were on a morning flight, by the time we reached Beijing and get done with the necessary customs clearing, it would be evening time already.

As much as I dreaded the idea of the going to the dirty toilets in Beijing, I actually quite looked forward to the trip although very excited. After all, I am going to visit the quite a lot of the places of interests of our Chinese cultures. I think it will be fulfilling trip and I looked forward to this visits. It is also this places that holds our China history and a lot of foreigners travels miles just to witness this great sights. I will be bring my camera to capture all these great sights. Hehe.

0 comments: