Today is Ling Ling’s wedding, the much anticipated one. Hehe. Everyone was very happy for her. Couldn’t describe the happiness ar. It is just like my own sister getting married. I was appointed the bride’s maid for her for the church wedding. Woke up early at 6.30am to get ready because the bridal shop didn’t provide make up for the bride’s maid.
Erm, my make up skills is not that great la, but then still can make do with it la. Haha after all, I am not the bride ma. Not need to be extra nice. Hehe. Guess I wan too kan cheong le. End up I didn’t even realize I dropped an earring while waiting for a taxi and therefore, didn’t wear earring for that day lor. And also I forgot to apply lipstick and to bring it along with me. Hai, so I think I would not look good in the morning photos. Haha
I arrived early at the church and was told to wait for Ling Ling at the entrance where I would get onto the car and alight with her at the church. Actually she was suppose to arrive much earlier de where there is a room for her to rest inside before the commencement of the ceremony but then she was a bit late lor. Therefore I gotta get onto the car and look as if I arrived with her. Hehe
She was very tense when I got onto the car and she look gorgeous. I had neber seen her dolling up before as our work requires us to be more casually dressed. We got down in front of the church and I helped her to arrange her gown as she got down the car and wait for the cue to stand walking into the church with her elder brother who is suppose to give her away to her husband. I was tasked to stand behind her and make sure that she dun trip on her gown while walking down the aisle. Her nieces and nephews were the flower girls and page boys who walked in front of her as we walked in.
Before going in, the Father (I dunno how to address also) blessed us with the holy water. And then with the cue from the coordinator, the doors were open and music were played. We then walked in slowly with me as the last person standing behind Ling Ling. Didn’t have to do much la, just make sure that she didn’t trip can le. Haha. I then went to sit down at the side with the family members as her brother hands her over to her husband.
The ceremony was a touching one as far as I am concern. According to Ling Ling, they had simplified the ceremony already as there were many non Catholics present. It was a simple ceremony with the family members witnessing the solemnization. I think I was the only friend of the bride to be present there.
After the solemnization ceremony, we went outside of photo shoot session. Took a few photos with Ling Ling and her family. After that, Ling Ling proceed on for her tea serving ceremony where she will serve tea for the bride groom’s family. I went in to lend her a hand in collecting the ang baos as they served the tea. The bride groom really have a lot of relatives ar. The ang bao came up to a full envelop lor. Haha
The couple then went on to take a few more photos and I stood nearby to help them hold their things while they are taking photos. After which, then we proceed to the buffet to eat. We sat down in one of the function rooms to eat and chat a bit. We chatted for a while before Ling Ling went to entertain the other guests. I went off not long after that cuz there was nothing much for me to do already. I promised Ling Ling that I would be early at for the dinner later on to help her with the reception.
the dInnER
The dinner was held in Holiday Inn Atrium and I arrived at 6.30pm to see what I can help out for. Took a taxi there as I was carrying the gown that I need to return and also I am wearing heels and gown. Look a bit out of place if I take mrt and gotta transfer buses to reach the hotel.
Didn’t know that the hotel got a security system that only occupants of the hotel rooms have access to the upper levels which houses the rooms. I kept pressing the floor which Ling Ling’s room is at but it just didn’t light up. It is only after a kind Caucasian couple point out to me that I need to swipe the room card before I can access the upper floors den I knew that. They were kind enough to help to swipe their card to help me to access to the floor. Phew. That Ling Ling had forgot to mention this to me when she asked me to go up to her room directly when I reached.
She was getting her make up done when I reached her room. Chatted awhile with her before proceeding downstairs to the reception table to help out with the arrivals for the guests. I was in charge of the bride’s guests. That includes her colleagues, ex classmates and family members. I need to inform them their seating arrangement according to the list and also to indicate their serial number behind the ang baos.
Saw a lot of my ex colleagues from STE. Didn’t have much time to chat with them as I was busy with the reception duties. Jolene did sat beside me and chat for awhile before going in though. I went in when the dinner was about to start and found out that my seat was taken. Got the waiter to get another chair for me to sit beside Jolene. Hehe.
Chat with her throughout the dinner and also talked a bit to my ex colleagues and boss. Everyone was in an extra jovial mood. I did drink a bit of red wine but not much as I know I am not a good drinker. The other colleagues did drank a lot though. Went straight up to the hotel room to get my things with the bride groom’s sister and didn’t get to bid farewell to Ling Ling.
Uncle tan send me to jie’s hse after that. It was a happy but tired day for me. But seeing Ling Ling happily getting married, all the tiredness was worthwhile. I shall upload the photos when she pass the photos to me after she comes back from Penang. Till then folks.
Sunday, June 04, 2006
&& my BeST fWen wEDdIng &&
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment