Jie and me went back to Kluang on Sat, which was our polling day. But hehe the both of us lived in areas that are walkover GRC therefore we cannot cast our votes. Instead, we took the opportunity to go back to Kluang, my mum’s hometown in Johor, Malaysia. We were actually planning to go this weekend during the long weekend but reckon that it would be very crowded therefore went back a week in advance.
The customs were surprisingly empty and we cleared both the immigrations with ease. Not bad, given that it was a Saturday. When we reached Larkin interchange, we realize that the buses now leave on an hour frequency instead of half an hour previously. As we wanted to take our breakie 1st, therefore we decided not to take the 7.30am bus but neither we want to take the 8.30am bus cuz gotta wait for quite long. I then went to search for other operators to see their bus timing hoping to get a 8.00am bus back.
We found 1 and brought the tix b4 proceeding to eat our breakie at the Mac there. Hehe Much cheaper lehz and they have this new item on the menu, the fish platter. Jie ordered that and I ordered a happy meal cuz I wanna get the dumbo toy for myself. Hehe I secretly hoping that he would order a happy meal too and I could get the other toy. Hehe but no such luck lehz. Nvm, I shall not be greedy. Haha
We then went to search for the booth where the bus is suppose to be at for us to board but found out that the bus is full! And we had to sit separately becuz of this. Hai, shd haf gone up earlier. But we were taking out breakie lehz. Bo bian lor. I slept all the way bak as I was beri tired. My aunt was late in picking us up and I got a little panicky cuz I called her on fri nitez and inform here tat I would be taking the train bak but instead I took the bus instead. I tot there was an miscommunication when my mum msg her to tell her the timing of my bus. Luckily, she came after a while, if not I think I would go take a taxi home le. Hehe.
Selamat Datang Ke Kluang, meaning, Welcome to Kluang.
We went home to pick her kids and my uncle up for breakie again. Haha Ya, we took breakie twice. Haha. But then go there dun eat beri wasted lehz. Hehe I found out that my favourite dim sum shop was closed down, so sad. We then went back to hse after the breakie and rest for a while b4 going over to my 2nd uncle’s hse to see my cousin’s gf whom he brought back from KL. Haha I was teasing my uncle cuz he look so damn happie.
My uncle was especially happie that day and talked to me a lot regarding engineering work as he works as a supervisor in those overseas project. He then offered to bring me and Jie to Gunung Lambak, which was juz behind his hse for a walk, and to take photos. I was quite reluctant cuz I have been there b4 and the walk up the hill was super tiring. 
Gunung Lambak in Kluang,Johor, Malaysia
But Jie never had been there b4 so we agreed to go lor. The government had actually renovate there and built chalets there. It was quite nice I muz say. And so we went around the hill to see the developments and took quite a lot of photos. Lucky my uncle was with us and he was our photographer. Hehe So bad rite? Haha I make him our photographer but he was quite happie lehz. Haha. 
Me standing on a wooden bridge which connects 2 side of the hill together. I was shoutin as we cross the bridge as it was veri shaky.hehe
Us, standing on the slope leading to the chalets . It was actually a very long slope and at the end of the slope, there are alot of monkeys roaming around. Although I dun dare to go near them but I did stand at a distance away to look at them. Didnt manage to take their photos as they were too fast for us. Haha
Outside the reception office. There was alot of Harley Davidson and I was very excited about it. 1st time seeing them up close and we took quite alot of photos here also. Seems that there are big shots visiting here also. Too bad, didnt get to see the big shots. Wonder who they are...
Spent 2hrs there b4 he drove us to town where we went to my aunt’s shop. Then we went to develop our photos that we took earlier on. Hehe cheaper there, same quality and some more the service were quite fast. We were able to get it in 2 hrs time. Maybe is becuz we didn’t develop a lot of photos ba.
We then went to buy KFC for tea break for everyone. This time we didn’t walk around town as Jie had already been here the last time le and there was nothing new to show him le. And besides we weren’t planning to buy anything. Cuz this time the purpose of going back is becuz I missed my aunts and cousins too much and besides I haven been back since new year.
We hang around at the shop for a while b4 going home for dinner as we are going to catch the 6.45pm train bak to Singapore. A bit rush, but nevertheless I was happy to see them again. I think gotta wait for quite awhile b4 I got the chance to go back le.
Me standing at the sign board at the train station and also the stations adjacent to it.
Posing besides the trackway of Kluang Station. Behind me is the way up to North of Malaysia
Sunday, May 07, 2006
$$ tHE kLuAnG tRiP $$
Posted by
Sharon Lee-Tan
at
10:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment