One month into my new job and I’ve already done some thing that I usually try not to do, that is to go against my immediate supervisor. Not really go against la, when he tasks me to do something, I still do lor but then is when I felt that he’s not right or is being totally unreasonable den I fight back le. Just one month into the job, actually I shouldn’t be doing so de for I always maintains my “xing xiang” for at least after the probation period if not will be throughout my stay. Hehe
But this time it was different, some thing in my mind told me that I gotta stand up for myself, that I shouldn’t be a weakling and show him that I’m not a push over. It was still fine in the 1st 2 weeks of my work but coming into 3rd week, I started to feel like I was in hell, if not for I need to money to pay for my expenses, I would have quit long ago. People like me cannot act on impulse although we wished to.
Maybe it’s because I was trained in engineering field when I 1st came out to work as a full time staff, therefore I was a bit unsure of the job scope of a purchaser but not to the extend of being stupid and not knowing anything. He for one, didn’t explain to me my job scope and told me that he will guide me along as I work. But when problems arises, he simply just point his big fat fingers at me, what the fuck….
I started holding various part time jobs since 16 and have been working constantly since. Although cannot say I was very experience but then I still think that I have enough ability to gauge the difference between right and wrong and decided what to do. In my years of holding the various positions, never once I have problems with my bosses, although a green horn at 1st, but I didn’t took long to learn the ropes. The proudest of all is to be able to be the asst engineer in STE where the work I did was the same as those experienced seniors and although it took me a while to catch up, I didn’t perform badly in my own opinion.
But this stupid asshole that day when in the midst of ticking me off told me that I was drawing my salary for nothing! FUCKING IDIOT. U think I never work everyday izzit? U think I just sit in the office and sleep izzit. Half the time u r not in the office how u noe what I doing? Bastard, go reflect on urself before scolding others kk? TAKE A MIRROR AND LOOK INTO IT. AGGGRRRRRR….
The only wrong thing I did that day is to help my colleague to fax the PO out. I mean the PO is struck at the fax machine and all I did is to press stop and redial the number again and he saw it then called me into the room for a lecture. Say what I’m an executive and shouldn’t be doing these small things, if not company employ me for what? Since when by lending a helping hand is a sin, u tell me, u tell me? Ahhhh…. That day I bite my lips and didn’t answer back since it’s the 1st time he reprimand me although I felt that I did nothing on.
Then I went on leave the next day. After that when I came back, its my colleague’s turn to go on leave for 2 days. The 1st day that I went back to work, I was being called into his office for 3 times in the morning and got reprimanded thrice. That day, I was super pek chek ar, nearly wanna throw the letter into his face and tell him that I QUIT! But then think think back, cannot la, so I shallow my anger and continue to work and then even went for school after that.
In summary, the day when he went ku-ku thrice, he 1st told me off for allowing the suppliers to release some stock to my engineers without the PRs, I meant people say urgent ma dun release the items to them then no need work ar? Then work delay scold who? Me la, cuz is I dun release de ma. U lehz? Just sit there and push the bloody blame to me and then I gotta listen to the fucking of those engineers lor. U think nice izzit, when engineers curse they dun care de lor. Look at my entry here u noe, I’ve picked it up while working as an engineer.
Then after that say what I ask me must work late during non school day nites cuz I leave early on school days and dun wait till boss say den do, must be automatic. And also the bloody stringy 45min lunch time, say what if over the time limit muz aso work later to cover back. And also when I asked me which Saturday he wanna me to come back for duty after serving the one full month of sat duties, he told me to work for another month den revised again. KNNBCCB. U STILL REMEMBER WHAT U SAY DURING THE INTERVIEW OR NOT? All lies lor and I bloody fucking hate people who lie to me.
That time during interview, u were the one who say you dun mind me attending classes hor, then now come and make a big hoo ha on this issue. If there is outstanding work to be cleared, I will clear de lor. Then u aso cannot expect me to stay if there after the work have been clear and stare into the pc rite. Even on my school nites, when there are outstanding issues to be settled, I make the effort to get it done before going off for classes to the extend of skipping my dinner. STILL NOT ENOUGH IZZIT? You didn’t see doesn’t mean I didn’t do.
On the lunch hour thing, I more fed up ar. Some times because of work, we leave late to have lunch of cuz come in later la. Cannot be I leave at 1.15 then u expect me to be back by 1.45 aso rite. Go bang the wall la, u take lunch 2 hours, we take lunch 45min and sometimes still gobble down the food. U think we 2 not humans izzit?
Then the Saturday part is the most annoying de. That time settle on serving the 1st full month de onli den resume to once per month after that. According to my colleagues, I was the only one doing so in the history. Asshole. Ok la, I dun mind cuz I leave early on school nights. But then to ask me to serve the 2nd month den come revised is simply too over board le lor. Then izzit the 3rd month and in the near future you are going to use the same excuse. How many more months u need to wait and revise? My Saturdays are used for studying de kk? U tink I go out and play ar? If go out and play I still dun mind be like you go back office wayang a bit. I just simply dun wan to waste to go back and stare into the pc for half a day instead, I can use the time to clear my tutorials. Of cuz, if there are things I need to clear, I also dun mind to go back for an extra sat but NOT ALL THE SATS!.
U think what, I everyday smile smile in office and talked softly means that you can push me around izzit? I look young and naïve izzit? I look like an idiot izzit? I dun flare up is because I dun see the point to throw my temper at my colleague, after all, we are working together as a team to get work done. But that doesn’t mean that I’ve got a good temper. Step on my tail or get into the wrong side of me and you will know. Just like what happen today.
I didn’t plan to go against you, you were the one who forced me to stand up and protect myself and fight against your unreasonable acts. You were the one who asked for it. I’m capable of more things that everyone in office have ever imagine. Its only whether I wanna show it out or not. For now, I still wan to maintain my reputation. One fine day when I couldn’t take the nonsense le, I shall blow up and make sure things get really ugly. I don’t not wish to do these things for I just wan to work in peace. For the sake of everyone in the office also, stop being such a pain in the ass.
Tuesday, September 06, 2005
## doN't mAKe mE do wHat i DOn'T do ##
Posted by
Sharon Lee-Tan
at
10:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment