^^ OriEnTaTion DaY^^
I was too tired to write an entry when I reached home yesterday thus today if possible, it would be a double entry with one on my orientation day happenings and the other on leaving my company.
Yesterday was the part time degree programme orientation day. After the experience of getting lost in that stupid big campus, I decided to seek for help le. I 1st approach my senior to ask him for help in bringing me around the campus (which he did offer his help last time, only I got no time to go down) but the that wan ba dan! Besides not being free( which was understandable) he some more say I no good, only contact him when I need his help! You offer your help b4 de lehz, so of cuz I find you la. You win le lor.
Anyway never mind de, I still got my good friend from sec sch-Xinyi. Haha Actually I tot she was still doin her attachment and dun dare to bother her, besides, I think it’s a bit troublesome to go to sch just for the sake of bringing me around. A bit dunno how to tell her. Anyway I got 1 more back up is good friend from pri sch(lagi longer) ---Fang but I think she super not free de, we didn’t have the time to meet up for her birthday just because she’s involve in dunno what activities.
Lucky when I called Xinyi up on wed, she readily agreed to be my tour guide and want to get her text books at the same time from school. Haha, a friend in need is a friend indeed. Lalala I dunno this phase is correct or not just tot of it de. Haha So we arranged to meet up at around 3 after my farewell lunch with my colleagues.
In the end we met up at 1530 and went for a bite 1st. She was a bit hungry I think but then I was so damn full. End up I only drank a cup of passion fruit tea from MaCafe. Pui, not nice de and some more so expensive. Not going to patronize that café in future.
It’s off to NTU after the break at MacDonalds. And along the way on the bus ride, she was patiently pointing out the various buildings to me and telling me the names of the bus stops. I tried to remember as much as I can. After all, I figure out that I have 5 years there for me to remember. Haha
We dropped off at the supposed to be last bus stop of the south spine. Then began our tour. Actually there’s a few more bus stops that we can alight from but she wanted to show me the canteens so that I know where to get a bite b4 my classes starts. Thanz pal, I really appreciate your thoughtfulness.
One stupid thing I did is to wear heels, cuz it’s work attire for the day and I’ve forgot to change out of the shoes when I leave my house the 2nd time. Shit lor, so many walking and I think my feet are going to fall off anytime soon.
We went to the popular bookshop in the campus for her to get her text and then walked around school to familiarize with the surroundings. It’s really very confusing as their levels are all named basement with 1st storey being the highest level. Anyway, I think I still can remember how to get out of school and also the route to the canteens.
We sat down for a cup of tea(again) which was actually to be my dinner. I was too full from the pizza treat. Chat for a while before making our way back to the lecture theater where my orientation is held. We part out ways there and I went into the empty lecture theater to wait for the commencement of the orientation.
It’s a boring presentation on the over view for the course and the only useful thing is the handbook that they give out. Sitting there for 2 hours listening to talk after talk, I tried my best not to fall asleep. Must train for future lectures ma hehe. Anyway after the talk, I decided to go off le cuz I couldn’t stand waiting for another 30min for them to eat at the tea reception and then go for the meet the mentors session. So I ran off. Hope I didn’t miss out anything important.
Anyway I got lost again on my way out and gotta call Xinyi for help again. I’m starting to suspect that I’m a road idiot. Haha with her guidance, I found the bus stop and then was so tired that I feel like taking a taxi home should one come along right then. I was super exhausted by the whole day events and went straight to bed after bathing. It’s been a long day and I think there will be tons of these long days for me in future. Wish me luck.
Once again, a big thank you to Xinyi for being my tour guide.
Saturday, July 23, 2005
Posted by
Sharon Lee-Tan
at
10:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment