Monday, June 06, 2005

## wHEn yOu'Ve goT thE MoNEy buT NO taXIs ##

Today is the 1st time that I finally knew what it is to be like “Even got money also no use”. Story starts with I’m gonna be late for my transferring of comments session at C854 site office. Maybe its partly my fault, me being Miss forgetful, forgot to buy bread which are meant to be my lunch today (I’ll explain why I need buy in advance later). In my rush, I decided to go to 7-11 at Lot 1 to buy cup noodles and chocolates (my favourite!).

It was around 8.25am when I walked to the taxi stand located just outside 7-11. I was 2nd in queue and in front of me, there’s a sweet looking old lady. Haha, ok irrelevant. The thing is, I waited and waited and waited and 10minutes had past and damn! Not a single taxi insight!

Think that old lady was also in a rush cause both of us keep looking at our watches at around 5sec interval. Eh, come to think of it, there was no time set for me to reach there I also don’t know what the hell I was rushing for.

I’m those super duper impatient when it comes queuing up for a taxi for 1, I wasn’t a taxi person, meaning, I don’t take taxi when I go out read: at all. Oh ya, you may ask how bout its late at night and there are no more buses and mrt? Walk? No la, simple, I simply go home early so that I can still catch a bus or mrt home. Haha. Ya, maybe once or twice where I really have no choice to return home late. Or maybe at the railway station when I’m carrying big luggage. Full stop. Haha

I strongly believe that taking a taxi is a waste of money especially when you are alone or even there are 2 of it, I rather go out earlier to take a bus or mrt. But since my company reimburses us the taxi fares when we go meetings, hehe I dun mind taking taxi. Of cause la, I pay for my whole bus or mrt fare if I dun take taxi when I go for meetings. Then who will reimburse me?

Anyway, today is super suay lor, I waited till 8.35 and still no taxi and some more I was 2nd in line, even there is a taxi, I still have to wait for the next 1. Sigh. Then some thing strike me, I can on call for a cab! Yeah, I’m such a genius! Haha ok, who dunno… Anyway, the place I was going for meeting was very out of place so, taking bus there is out of the question as I need walk around half an hour more to reach the stupid site(which explains why i need buy my lunch in advance cause i cannot get out of the bloody place by walking).

I punch in 6552-1111 and waited for the operator to come on-line, luckily, she did after maybe a minute of waiting( hehe my colleague more suay, got once, she couldn’t get thru 2 taxi dial a cab line for 5min! end up she gave up calling hahah). I told her my location and destination. Ok, the destination was given vaguely as I don’t really know the name of the place but I know how to go there. She then told me to hold on while the system dispatch a driver to my location.

But alas! The 1st thing I heard when a voice came out no long after the operator told me to hold on is “ Sorry, there are currently no drivers available to be dispatch to your location, press 2 if you want to continue waiting or hang up the phone to end the booking” I pressed 2 and waited again but then still, I get the same response, fed up, I gave up and continue waiting. I was like, WTF? Here I am, willing to pay 3.20 more for the booking fee and there is not even a single available taxi when comfort had a fleet of 11,000+ taxis( or they claim so in the voice recorder).

What is the world coming to man? I’m only trying to get a taxi so that I can reach my destination to work and I cannot even get 1 even though I called and waited for 7minutes for a system which is suppose to help you get a taxi to pick you up when you couldn’t get 1. Never mind bout the extra charges, not I pay de. Haha.

Ok, seriously I think those taxi companies should review their system already, for its not the 1st time that I’ve heard stories like this. Especially when you lived in those residential estate where everyone take taxi out to work and no one comes into the residential estates at this time, its very difficult for 1 to hail a cab.

Well, I guess it will not affect me much because once in a blue moon, I’m on my own to take a taxi for meeting since all my team members drives. Lalalala. Good luck to those who are taking taxi to work regularly especially during the morning peak hour. Then you will know what my title suggest.

0 comments: